How to Forget A Wireless Network
Forgetting a network is often a helpful step when you are having problems connecting to WiFi.
Follow the below instructions for forgetting a wireless network on some of the more common devices or view this Instructional Video.
How to Forget a Wireless Network on a Windows Machine
- Click the Wi-Fi icon in the lower right-hand corner of your screen.
- The Wi-Fi network should appear in the list.
- Right click the network and click Forget.
- Another way is to type Settings in the search box.
- Click Network & Internet.
- Click Wi-Fi.
- Click Manage Known Networks.
- Click the network and click Forget.
How to Forget a Wireless Network on a Mac
- In the upper right-hand corner of your screen, click the Wi-Fi symbol.
- When the window appears, click Open Network Preferences.
- Click Advanced.
- Select the wireless network you wish to remove and click the minus (-) button located just below the list.
How to Forget a Wireless Network on an iOS Device
- From your home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the Information icon to the right of the network name and tap Forget This Network.
How to Forget a Wireless Network on an Android Device
(Note: Exact settings may vary depending on manufacturer and OS version)
- Go to Settings (gear icon).
- Tap Connections under Wireless and Networks.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap the Wi-Fi network that you wish to forget.
- Tap Forget.