If you need to manage any telephone services, you will need to submit a Telephone Service Request.
These changes will likely include the following:
· An employee has left the University and needs to be disconnected from their extension
· An employee has joined the University and needs to establish new service
· An employee is moving to a new office, but keeping their extension
· An employee has changed positions within the University and needs a new or an existing extension
This request form can be found by searching for “Telephone Form” on the OIT Homepage at auburn.edu/OIT. You can also find the form at visit aub.ie/tsr.
Click on “Telephone Service Request” as shown above.
Follow these steps to ensure that you are completing the Telephone Service Request correctly.
1. Request Contact Information – Who is change for and who is requesting the change? In this section you will need to provide WHO the change is being requested FOR. Your information as the requestor will populate automatically.
a. If this is a new employee, you may not be able to look up the user ID. If you can’t, enter your information and a determination will be made when the request is received. You can also leave more information in the "Special Instructions" section at the bottom of the form.
b. If the employee has been terminated or has retired and you cannot find the user ID information, again, use your information and leave more detail in the "Special Instructions" at the bottom of the form.
2. Contact information for the person requesting the change is also needed. There are times where this information will not be the same person.
3. Billing Information – this is the department that will be charged for the services.
a. The billing information is necessary when changing telephone service or equipment. There are times when charges are incurred, but it is also a way to make sure your employees and equipment are on the correct FOP.
4. If you know the FOP, you will select “Use a registered FOP or Tenant ID.”
a. Enter the FOP. The system will help you with the format and attempt to find the number.
5. If you are using a new FOP that is not currently in the billing system, you will need to request that it be entered by selecting “Add & use a new FOP.”
a. When you select “Add & use new FOP”, three new fields will open to the right. Fill these fields out accordingly.
b. Once the FOP is added to ServiceNow, it will be added to the Billing System when the request is approved.
6. Service Information – Where (on campus) the change is requested for.
a. Here you will enter the building and room number where the extension exists, or where it is needed, along with a date for completion. Our Telephone team has 7 to 10 business days to complete orders once they are received.
7. Service Description – What type of service or action is being requested?
a. The first field is what type of service you are requesting.
b. New service – A new extension is being requested for an area, an existing employee, or a new employee.
c. Change existing service – this option is used when an extension already exists and the employee assigned to it is changing (whether they are a new or existing employee), or the services associated with that extension are changing.
d. Move existing service to new location – use this option when an extension (and phone) need to be physically moved, even if it is to a different wall in the same office.
e. Remove employee record or disconnect existing service – use this option when an employee leaves your department. You can un-assign the extension from the former employee without disconnecting the service (and move the extension to the main record), or you can choose to completely disconnect the extension.
8. Type of service/equipment charge
a. Here you can select what type of equipment you need.
b. Basic wall phone – phone with no caller id, attached to the wall
c. Basic single line phone – desk phone with no caller id
e. Business single line phone (display) – Polycom phone with single line capability and caller id
f. Business multi line phone (display) – Polycom phone with multi line capability and caller id
9. Add Calling Features
a. Here you can select features like voicemail, SimRing, and Call Forward.
b. Simultaneous Ring (SimRing) – this feature allows for your extension to ring on your desk phone and another phone, such as your mobile device, simultaneously. Once set up, this feature always rings to both phones, and is not a feature that requires you to manually turn on or off when needed. This is helpful for situations when you are away from your desk but still need to reachable.
c. Call Forward - this feature allows for you to forward your extension from your desk phone to another phone, such as your mobile device. The feature requires that you forward and unforward your phone manually when needed, but does allow for more flexibility than SimRing.
10. Telephone Accessories
a. In this section, should you require additional accessories, such as a mounting cord or handset cord, you can select that here.
11. Additional Information
a. In this section, you can provide additional information that was not covered elsewhere. Perhaps there are two phones in a work area, or this could be an additional phone for a lab.
12. Once you have all the fields completed, scroll to the top and click “Order Now”. If you are missing information, it will appear in red, underneath the button.