Attention Students: Please be aware that ProctorU has changed the browser extension used for proctored exams. Effective immediately, you will no longer use the ProctorU browser extension to take your exams. Instead, you must download ProctorU's Guardian Browser to take any ProctorU exam.
To ensure you are ready for your exam, please check the minimum system requirements and test your equipment beforehand.
With the Guardian Browser, Google Chromebooks will no longer be supported for ProctorU Record+ exams.
Creating a ProctorU Account:
- Students can create their ProctorU account by registering with their Auburn University email address. This can also be done by clicking ProctorU from the course navigation menu in your Canvas course.
Downloading Guardian Browser:
Launching Exam for Record+ (Guardian):
- Open the Guardian browser and navigate to Canvas.
- Guardian will not remember your email and password, be prepared to enter those manually.
- When you click to start the exam in your Canvas course, you will be prompted to complete ProctorU exam prechecks. When you are finished with exam prechecks, you will click Begin Exam.
- Once you complete your exam, submit your exam in Canvas and exit the Guardian Browser.
Full Details for Record+ Exam Launch
Launching Exam for Review+ (Guardian):
- A few minutes before your scheduled exam time, sign into ProctorU through your Canvas course and click Start Session from your ProctorU dashboard.
- Guardian will be prompted to Launch; once in Guardian, download the support Chat to connect with a ProctorU proctor.
- Continue through the ProctorU exam prechecks.
- Once prechecks are complete, the proctor will launch your exam and enter the password.
- When you have completed your exam, you will submit your exam in Canvas and close the Guardian Browser.
Full Details on Review+ Exam Launch
Test-Taker Resource Center
Download Guardian Browser
How do I test my Equipment?