Reasons You May Not Be Able to Connect to AU_WiFi
Listed below are common reasons that you may not be able to connect to AU_WiFi.
Should you still need assistance connecting to AU_WiFi, contact the IT Service Desk at (334) 844-4944.
- Have you recently changed your password?
- If yes, then you may need to “forget” Wi-Fi connections on all of your Auburn devices.
- Once forgotten, you can reconnect using your new password.
- Please refer to KB0010639 or KB0010638 for more information.
- Student or Employment status
- Current faculty, staff, and students may connect to AU_WiFi.
- Retired employees may connect to AU_WiFi.
- AU Open
- If your device is connected to AU_Open, you will be unable to connect to AU_WiFi.
- Forget all Wi-Fi connections and reconnect.
- Occasionally Auburn will update certificates that control Authenticate. When this happens, you will be required to “accept” the new certificate on your device before you are able to connect to AU_WiFi.
- If you have to accept a new certificate, you may also have to forget AU_WiFi and reconnect.
- OS Updates for Mac and PC
- You may experience connection issues if your operating system is not up to date, specifically on a Mac.
- Please refer to KB0011069 for more information.
- Device – Gaming Consoles
- Are you trying to connect a gaming device to AU_WiFi?
- Gaming devices must connect to AU_GameNet.
- Please refer to KB0000105 for more information.
- Hardware Issues
- If your Wi-Fi adapter is not functioning properly, you may not be able to connect to AU_WiFi.
- Can you connect to other wireless networks?