ServiceNow San Diego Upgrade Information
San Diego Upgrade
ServiceNow will be upgraded to the San Diego version on August 31st, 2022. Some of the new special features we are excited about are listed below.
Now Platform - New! Next Experience UX
- The default color theme has slightly changed due to the new Next Experience UX ServiceNow introduced. You will no longer get to choose a theme, but can choose the dark mode feature under preferences in your profile. This mode will only be visible in certain parts of ServiceNow, not the throughout the entire site.
- The filter navigator is not automatically pinned to the left hand side any longer. To access this you can select one of the three (3) options in the top banner.
- All - This is where you will access all your modules and applications. The search feature is still available to help navigate your path.
- Favorites - This is where you can access all of the modules or applications that you have favorited in ServiceNow
- History - This is where you can reference back to any page you had previously opened. San Diego now offers more detail into the date information of when you last accessed the pages.
- If you would like to pin any of these filter navigators in ServiceNow you can select the "Pin" icon in the top right hand corner of the navigator.
- Incident priority states now have a color code associated with them. This is only for Priority 1 and 2 tickets as of right now.
- 1 - Critical: Red
- 2 - High: Orange
- On any table, if you wish to add/remove or reorder the columns the gear to do that is now on the right hand side. It was previously on the left hand side.
- If you would like to learn more about to new features and abilities to the San Diego release, please visit the ServiceNow San Diego Release Notes
- Workspaces are a new feature introduced in this new update. Specifically we will be using the "Agent Workspace", you can access this by selecting "Workspaces" in the top of the banner (next to history), a drop down will appear with a list of workspaces, select "Agent Workspace". This will launch a new window.
- Once in Agent Workspace, you can notice the landing page has multiple widgets with your individual work and your groups work, both assigned and unassigned. The first two widgets represent work dedicated to interactions, this is a new feature in San Diego that we will discuss further in the article.
- Inside the workspace there will be two icons to your left, The 'home' icon will navigate you to the landing page. The 'list' icon will navigate you to something very similar to the filter navigator that you can use within the workspace so you do not have to switch between the platform and workspace tabs.
- NOTE: Workspace is meant to be a "one-stop-shop" work platform. You will be able to open multiple tabs within the workspace, all while staying in the same page.
- To learn more about the abilities and benefits of Agent Workspace, please visit the Agent Workspace Service Docs
- Interactions will be replacing our current 'calls' feature, which is mainly used by the Service Desk.
- Interactions are created inside the Agent Workspace
- By Selecting the '+' tab, located next to the 'home' tab on the landing page, you can create a new interaction automatically.
- Interactions are meant to document any type of inbound communication between a customer and a fulfiller
- This "scratchpad" is used to communicate between you and your team, you do not communicate with the customer through an interaction.
- Once an interaction is created, it can either stay an interaction and be closed, or be made into any record type (Request, Incident, or Change)
- These options will be made available to you in the top right hand corner
- After an Interaction has been made into a Record Type, it is BEST PRACTICE, to close the interaction. It will not manually close after you have turned an interaction into a record type.
- To learn more about the abilities and benefits of Interactions, please visit the Interactions Service Docs