Sponsored Accounts are available for individuals who need computing access but are not otherwise eligible as an employee, student, or contracted agent. These users must be sponsored by a university department, and there must be a direct relationship to the university's academic mission or business function. Alumni and/or employee spouses or dependents not directly involved in the university mission are not eligible.
To obtain a sponsored account, the sponsored individual must first be entered into the university system by the Onboarding Center Services (employeeID@auburn.edu, 334-844-4386). Once that has been done, any other access needed should be requested through the sponsoring department's Administrative Computing Coordinator.
For additional information, please contact the OIT Accounts Administrator at email@example.com.
Once an individual has the credentials for a sponsored account, they can access AU WiFi, MyAccount, and VPN.
Temporary Accounts are nonrenewable OIT accounts that allow short-term access to only Auburn's wireless network and OIT computing labs for vendors and other persons having official business at Auburn University for a period not to exceed 30 days.
Full-time employees can create two types of temporary WiFi accounts: immediate wireless access and computer lab wireless access. Temporary accounts work only on the wireless network SSID: AU_Open.
For more information on creating and managing temporary WiFi accounts, navigate to the Sponsored & Temp Accounts page or refer to the instructions below. There is also a corresponding instructional video that demonstrates how to create and manage temporary WiFi accounts.
1. From the OIT Homepage, search for and select the "Sponsored & Temp Accounts" catalog item, or you can directly access the request form at aub.ie/tga.
2. This will bring up the Sponsored & Temp Accounts catalog page. Click on the "Temporary Account Request Form" button.
3. Click on the "Request Immediate Wireless Access" option. You may be prompted to login with your Auburn credentials.
4. Click on "Create Multiple Guest Accounts" from the Guest Manager screen.
5. Select when the account should expire from the drop down options, and click "Create Account".
6. Next, you will see the "Finished Creating Guest Accounts" screen. The username and password to temporarily access WiFi on AU_Open can be found on this screen.
1. From the Temporary Account Request Form, click the "Request Computer Lab & Wireless Access" option.
2. Enter the name of the person using the temporary account and select how many days this account will be active. Click "Submit". As a full-time employee, you accept responsibility for any violations of the IT policies associated with this account.
3. You will see the contact information for the account you just created, and you should receive an email containing the same information.
1. Once a temporary WiFi account has been created, you can manage the account. From the Sponsored & Temp Accounts page, click on the "Temporary Account Request" button.
2. Click on "Request Immediate Wireless Access" and it will direct you to the main Guest Manager - Guest Account Management screen.
You can access any guest accounts you've created by clicking on the "Manage Guest Accounts" option.
3. Any active accounts you have created will populate to the list. Click on the account to manage various options.
4. You will see various options such as reset password, change expiration date, and remove (disable) the temporary account. By clicking Edit, you can edit aspects of the account like guest's name, username, activation length, expiration, password and add any needed notes. You can see any active sessions for accounts, and you can print the account details.