Using Global Protect VPN Client
This article discusses how to connect to the Global Protect VPN.
What is VPN? A VPN is a service that both encrypts your data and hides your IP address by bouncing your network activity through a secure chain to another server miles away. This obscures your online identity, even on public Wi-Fi networks, so you can browse the internet safely, securely and anonymously.
Once you have downloaded and installed the Global Protect VPN Client on your computer, follow these simple steps to connect, or view this Instructional Video:
- Ensure that you are connected to the internet, either by Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable.
- Search for the Desktop Application and open it.
- Click “Connect.”
- Ensure your portal is auvpn2.auburn.edu.
- Enter your Auburn Credentials to connect.
- You will receive a Duo push. Approve the push.
- Users can still use the call and text method to be authenticated if necessary.
- To receive a call, in the password field users will enter “password,phone”.
- To receive a text, in the password field users will enter “password,passcode”.
- If your computer passes the health check, you will be connected.
- When you have finished using the VPN, please remember to disconnect from it.
If your computer does not pass the health check and it is an Auburn University owned machine, you will need to reach out to your Departmental IT Group.
Below is an example of the message you would receive IF your device did not pass the VPN Health Check.