Mapping drives to home drive space and individual web space
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) provisions 10GB of home drive space for temporary file storage for all eligible users at Auburn University. Upon request, OIT will also provision 2GB of publicly available web space, which can be displayed by a browser at auburn.edu/~username.
Note: Both of these resources are to be used in support of the University's mission and subject to University policy, specifically the Appropriate Use of Information Technology Policy.
Use the following instructions to map drives on your local computer to these resources. If you are off campus or on AU_WiFi, you need to first VPN into the network.
- Open a File Explorer window
- Click This PC > Add a network location
- On the "Welcome to the Add Network Location Wizard" screen, press the Next button.
- Select Choose a custom network location and press the Next button.
- To map to your home drive directory (H: drive on campus computers), insert \\ausamba.auburn.edu\yourusername.
To map to your individual web directory (P: drive on campus computers), insert \\myauburnweb.auburn.edu\public_html.
- Then press the Next button.
- You will likely be prompted to log in. Use firstname.lastname@example.org and your Auburn password.
- Choose the name you want for this stored location and press the Next button.
- Press the Finish button.
- Choose Connect to Server from the Go menu in Finder.
- In the Server Address field, insert cifs://ausamba.auburn.edu/yourusername for home drive space; insert cifs://myauburnweb.auburn.edu/public_html for individual web directory.
- Press the Connect button.
- In the authentication dialog box, for workgroup/domain use AUBURN.EDU, then your username and your Auburn password.
- Press the OK button.
- When presented with the SMB Mount dialog box, press the OK button.