How Long Will I Keep My Email?
How long will I keep my email?
Please refer to the official Employee and Student Email policy found on https://sites.auburn.edu/admin/universitypolicies/Policies/EmployeeandStudentEmailPolicy.pdf , as items listed below are subject to change.
- Employee - Your email account is active as long as you are employed by Auburn University.
- Students - Your email account is active as long as you are enrolled in classes, with a three term grace period after your last completed term.
- Incoming Students - Your email account becomes active once your Admissions application is accepted. If you fail to enroll for the term for which you were accepted, your account will automatically terminate.
- Alumni -Auburn students who graduated after 2010 currently retain the use of their email account, though this policy is subject to change.
- However, accounts which go 12 months without being accessed will be deleted or suspended.
- Please refer to the KB Article titled Email Account for Alumni for more information on how to access this email account.
- Retirees - Employees who retire are eligible to keep their account. Due to a recent update to email policies, the procedures surrounding this may soon change from an automated process to a by-request process. Please refer to the link above or contact your departmental IT Staff for instructions.
- AU Affiliates - Affiliates may include Visiting Scholars, vendors, or contractors. Auburn offers the option of a mail forwarding entry in lieu of an email account for Affiliates, depending upon the needs of the sponsoring department. Affiliates are typically sponsored by a department for a term no longer than one year.