Auburn University Cybersecurity Training
Information security is critical to the life of the University. Every day, the cyber operating environment for institutions of higher education grows more dangerous. It is critical for university employees to be educated about the threats they may face.
Security is everyone's responsibility.
If you are an Auburn University employee, you have a responsibility to learn how to secure your data, your computer, yourself, and the university network. All employees (Administrative & Professional, Staff & Faculty, Student Employees, and TES) and students may be enrolled in multiple cybersecurity educational campaigns during the year. In addition to the annual training, some people will receive role-based training (HIPAA, GLBA, PCI, Code of Conduct) as well as relevant optional training.
Once enrolled in an educational campaign, you will receive an email notifying you of the training, the due date for completion, and the modules included in the training.
How to Access the Cybersecurity Training
- Log in to AUAccess and select the Employees menu. If you do not have this menu on your AuAccess page, you can click this link to navigate to the KnowB4 site directly.
- Click on the Auburn University Cybersecurity Training button.
- You will be redirected to the KnowBe4 website to access the training modules.
- You can navigate the Knowbe4.com website by choosing different pages from the top banner. The default page is the Dashboard. To see required training modules assigned to you, visit the Training page. Optional modules can be found in the Library.
- To start a training module, from either the Training page or Library page, click the module and select Start. This will open the module in a new window . If you do not see this window, a pop-up blocker may be preventing it from opening. Please disable pop-up blockers for this site. Click this link for instructions on how to disable the pop-up blocker.
- Proceed through the training using the Next arrows and Play button. To review content, use the back arrow.
- Once you reach the end of the module click “Complete Training.”
- Complete any other modules that have been assigned. Once you have finished all required training modules, the KnowBe4 website will display a message that you have completed all your training. You will see that each module now indicates completed.
Frequently Asked Questions
I don’t see the button for training in AUAccess. Where is it?
- While in AUAccess click on Employees to see the icon.
I received the training email, but I graduated/no longer work for Auburn; do I have to complete training?
- No, but former student employees need to contact the IT Service Desk to let them know you are not an employee in order to keep your email access.
I did this last year; do I have to do security training again?
- Yes, training is now an annual requirement.
I complete training for HIPAA/GLBA/PCI, do I have to complete the annual cybersecurity awareness training?
- Yes, some employees are required to complete modules with additional content.
I completed the training, but I still get emails that I have training to do.
- Each training campaign may have multiple modules that need to be completed. For example, the 2021-2022 Cybersecurity Training has 2 components: a video 2021 KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training and a document for acknowledgement Cybersecurity Training and Awareness Top 10 for Users.
How do I confirm that I have completed the training?
- You will receive an email indicating completion shortly after completing the entire training. You can also return to the training site and verify that all modules show as completed.
It is past the due date, and I can’t login. What do I do?
- To temporarily unlock your account you will need to contact the IT Service Desk. You will then have a 1-week grace period to finish the security training. You can reach the IT Service Desk by phone at 334-844-4944 or click this link to email the IT Service Desk.
Who do I contact for help?
Is there a direct link to the training?