Sponsored Accounts are available for individuals who need computing access but are not otherwise eligible as employees, students, or contracted agents. A university department must sponsor these users, and there must be a direct relationship to the university's academic mission or business function. Alumni or employee spouses or dependents not directly involved in the university mission are not eligible.
To obtain a sponsored account, the sponsored individual must first be entered into the university system by the Identity Management Office (firstname.lastname@example.org, 334-844-4386).
Once that has been done, any other access needed should be requested through the sponsoring department's Administrative Computing Coordinator.
For additional information, please contact the OIT Accounts Administrator at email@example.com.
Once an individual has the credentials for a sponsored account, they can access AU Wi-Fi, MyAccount, and VPN.
Temporary Accounts are nonrenewable OIT accounts that allow short-term access to only Auburn's wireless network and OIT computing labs for vendors and other persons having official business at Auburn University for less than 30 days.
Full-time employees can create two types of Temporary Accounts:
· Immediate Wireless Access
· Computer Lab and Wireless Access
Navigate to the Sponsored & Temp Accounts page for more information.
Please refer to this instructional video on how to create and manage these temporary wi-fi accounts.
1. From the OIT Homepage, search for "Sponsored or Temp Accounts" in the Get Help Section.
2. Click on the service catalog item "Sponsored & Temp Accounts."
3. Click on the button "Temporary Account Request Form."
4. Click on "Request Immediate Wireless Access."
5. Click on "Create Multiple Guest Accounts."
6. Select when the account expires.
7. Click "Create Account."
1. Click "Request Computer Lab & Wireless Access."
2. Enter the name of the person using this temporary account.
3. Select how many days this account will be active.
4. Click "Submit."
a. As a full-time employee, you accept responsibility for any violations of the policy associated with this account.
5. You will see the contact information for the account you just created, and you should receive an email containing the same information.
1. From the Sponsored & Temp Accounts page, click on the "Guest Account Manager" link.
a. If you have just created an account, the option for managing accounts will be on the left side of the page. Click "Manage Visitor Accounts."
2. Any active accounts you have created will populate the list.
3. Click the account to manage.
4. To reset the password, click "Reset password."
a. You will see the new password. Click "Update Account" to update the password.
5. To change the account's expiration date, click "Change expiration."
a. Select a new expiration date and click "Update Account."
6. To disable or delete the account, click "Remove."
a. Select "disable account" or "delete account" and click "Make Changes."
b. This action cannot be undone.
7. To edit the account, click "Edit."
a. Here, you can edit each aspect of the account. You must click "Update Account" at the bottom to save any changes.
i. Guest's Name
iii. Activation length
vi. Add any needed notes
8. To see any active sessions for accounts you have created, click "Sessions."
9. Click "Print" to see the account details, such as username and password. Here you can also send an email receipt to the user.